Parent coaching is specifically designed for couples with children, who are divorced or are in the process of divorce. Parent coaching gives advice and direction on how to co-parent during and after divorce. Parenting during this time can be complicated due to unresolved feelings and hurt about the divorce. Parent coaching is designed to help you to move forward post divorce. Although you are divorced, you will always be co-parents. This is reality. Your children need both of you to be the best parents you can be. It is possible to re-establish your life and to create a happy family. Allow time to adjust to this life change. A parent coach will assist you in making this life change.
- Parent coaching can occur with both parents together or separately.
- Parent coaching sessions are brief and directive.
- Parent coaching is not therapy and is not covered by insurance or HSA plans.
- Although children do not participate in a parent coaching session, the parent coach will pay attention to child development needs and will offer insight and advice as to how your child might be experiencing the changes in their life, and what you can do to assist them.
More Information on Parent Coaching
Parent coaching can be conducted individually, or as a couple, but not as a combination of both. (For example, the co-parents cannot come together for an initial meeting and then be seen separately).
Coaching is Brief and Directive:
- For best results: Have an idea about what is bothering you or what you would like help with before we begin.
- We will not spend a lot of time re-hashing the divorce, old conflicts with the other parent, or talking about unresolved feelings. Our focus is on moving forward.
- Becoming bogged down and stuck in the past will not assist you in moving forward.
- Focus of parent coaching is co-parenting. Expect to talk about your children and their needs.
- Frequency: Parent coaching appointments can occur as often as you would like provided there is availability. However, only one appointment per day.
- Parent Coaching is provided in person only. Contact via phone, email and text is limited to scheduling only. The parent coach will not provide you with advice over the phone, email or text.
Rates: Riverview Therapy uses a private pay system. Patients are charged at the time of service and required to pay in full using a credit card, HSA card, or check.
- Initial session (60 minutes): $100.00 one-time fee
- Sessions (30 minutes): $50.00 / session
Note: Parent coaching is not therapy and is not reimbursable to insurance.
Have questions? Take a look at our FAQs or call 608-397-8727.
Ready to book an appointment? Call 608-397-8727 or email.