Depression can present itself in many different ways. Here is a list of some common symptoms.
- Feeling sad, blue or down
- Crying easily
- Feeling irritable or grumpy
- Loss of interest in activities that used to make you happy.
- Being distracted or “out of it.”
- Sleep disturbance (not able to sleep, or sleeping all the time)
- Appetite disturbance (no appetite or increased appetite)
- Withdrawing from the people in your life
- People in your life are telling you that you are not yourself
- Having suicidal thoughts or plans
If you are feeling depressed, you should seek assistance. There is no need to silently suffer.
Note: If you are feeling suicidal and believe that you are a danger to yourself or others, call 911 or go to the local emergency room.